i talk about music a lot, & have a tendency to post songs that are stuck in my head in the hope that they will get stuck in your head instead. you're welcome.
Scott Lynch’s Twitter feed is straight up the greatest thing ever.
red seas under red skies! i am behind on my reading (the busy season at work is ending, and also i am reading about 3000 other books right now) but whatever, i can answer these questions anyway! cos i’m just. that. good. (also my favorite quote this week! it is also my favorite t-shirt that i never wear!)
1. The Sinspire. It looks like our heroes (can they really be called that?) find themselves in search of a way into an unbeatable vault. Do you think they have what it takes to make it happen?
um, yes. have you MET them? plus, as we see in this section, they cheat PEOPLE, not machines.
2. Anyone want to guess how they’re going to make it happen?
3. It’s a little different this time around, with us just being focused on Locke and Jean. Is anyone else missing the rest of the Bastards as much as I am?
:( :( :(
i miss all their dumb faces a lot. we get a lot of good secondary characters in this book, but i’m pretty sure i will never stop missing bug and the sanzas.
4. I love the section where Jean starts to build a new guild of thieves. It really shows just how well trained and tough he is. Do you think the Bastards will end up training others along the way again like Bug?
i don’t. it may have started as training a gang, but they were family and are therefore not so easily replaced. and while i can see jean starting over like that, i can’t imagine locke doing any such thing.
5. For those of you looking for Sabetha, we still haven’t spotted her yet. Anyone else chomping at the bit to see the love of Locke’s life?
eywgfriwueirwu sabethaaaaaaaaaaaa. i am going to choke on my own tongue when we get republic of thieves, y’all.
6. It’s early on, but the Bastards are already caught up in plots that they didn’t expect. How do you think their new “employer” is going to make use of them (The Archon, that is)?
i think he’s going to be a bag of dicks. but mm, pear cider.